I'm Zane Sterling, a software engineer with an interest in machine learning and robotics.
I currently attend Stony Brook University, where I run a weekly reading group for undergrads. We read papers on algorithms and play with algorithms problems.
I've been doing cool summer projects for years. Here are some of them:
In high school I was on StuyPulse, Stuyvesant High School's award-winning team for the FIRST Robotics Challenge. We made it to world championships two out of three times. During my senior year I was robot operator and led testing and operations in the pit.
I've done a few things I'm especially proud of, including:
- I won 2nd place overall for HeadLights at YHack 2014 .
- I won 1st place for Tint at Unhackathon 2014 in the "Most Useful" category with my teammates Josh Hofing and Mitchell Gouzenko .
- I presented my project Frozen Syntax at the New York Tech Meetup Aug. 2014 with my teammates Josh Hofing, Josh Chin, Sebastian Conybeare.
- My team placed in the top 3.5% in PicoCTF 2013.
I also run the circus club at my university. We teach and practice the circus arts and put on performances every now and then.
Get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org.
A 3D renderer written from per-pixel access. Supports triangle filling, flat shading, and affine and perspective transformations.Rust, SDL2 (for per-pixel access)Feb 2017
A monolithic OS written to learn how operating systems work.C, AssemblyAug 2016 - Jan 2017
D, SDL2Spring 2016
A C++ implementation of Large Steps in Cloth Simulation.C++, OpenGLSpring 2015
Experiments with the HTML5 canvas.JS2015+
- Made at Penn Apps 2015
A discrete un-simulation of water physics.JavaJan 2015
HeadLightsAn app for cyclists that turns standard hand signals into blinkers on the back of your helmet.C, Java, Intel Edison, Myo ArmbandFall 2014
- Won 2nd overall at YHack 2014
- Won "Most Useful" at Unhackathon 2014
- Presented at New York Tech Meetup August 2014
A 3D rendering engine built from per-pixel access.C++, SDL2 (for per-pixel access)Spring 2014
- Built for the Computer Graphics class at Stuyvesant.
- See a full list of projects on my GitHub.